MyFICO is the free credit score monitoring service offered by Fair Isaac Corporation, the same company that designed the FICO score, and they routinely have promo codes offering a free trial, steep discounts, and other monetary incentives to get you to try their service. They don’t make it difficult to cancel your free trial (in fact, you can cancel online), which is a huge advantage, and since you get an official FICO score from the designers themselves, it’s usually worth the hassle.
The credit score business has been under intense Congressional scrutiny the last few years so they’ve really cleaned up their act. Nowadays it’s a cinch to cancel trial memberships and everything has to be clearly displayed. If you find any funny business going on, don’t hesitate to contact the BBB or your state or local Consumer Protection department.
Why Your Credit Score Matters
You might be wondering – “Why should I even bother checking my credit score?”
The answer – “Your credit score is used by a lot of lenders and companies to make decisions about you.” Whether you’re applying for a mortgage or trying to get a cell phone, your score score will determine whether or not you are approved and how much you’ll pay. It seems obvious for something like a loan and less obvious for something like a cell phone or car insurance. The reality is that you score is vital and making sure your score is good is absolutely crucial.
Why get your score from MyFICO? There are plenty of places you can get a credit score but very few can promise a FICO credit score, the gold standard in credit scores. When people talk about credit scores, they mean a FICO credit score (ever hear of the term FAKO credit score? That term originates from non-FICO credit scores).
MyFICO Promo Code
- “Equifax 3 Bureau Credit Report and Score – Equifax 3-Bureau credit report gets you a report from each of the three major bureaus.
- Free FICO Credit Score – If you want to get your free FICO score, this is the product you want. It will sign you up for a 10-day trial membership to Score Watch, FICO’s credit monitoring product, but the cancellation is remarkably easy and can be done completely online. They don’t mess around or make it hard to cancel.
- FICO Score Credit Report – MyFICO offers a TransUnion and/or an Equifax credit report (you have the option) along with a credit report.
- Score Watch® – ScoreWatch is their credit score monitoring product that notifies you when your credit score changes up or down. It can be used to monitor for suspicious activity if it is reflected in the credit score itself.
- 20% off Suze Orman FICO Kit – Use Promo Code SUZEFKP
We hope you find these MyFICO promo codes helpful!
MyFICO Vendor Information
Customer Care Team
200 Smith Ranch Road
San Rafael, CA 94903
Mon-Fri: 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM Pacific Time
Sat: 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM Pacific Time